A new crash course (PYT26065) is now available on the Academy for all users
This crash course illustrates how to process loan-level US Agency mortgage data using awk, pandas and django. The first part of the course focuses on static (acquisition) type attributes. This part covers the following topics:
- Downloading and preprocessing historical loan-performance datasets using awk
- Processing loan-performance datasets using pandas
- Working and fixing any missing data type issues
- Classifying data attributes according to a Credit Data Taxonomy
- Manipulating and exporting derived data models using pandas
- The Split-Apply-Combine process
- Importing data models into a django based web platform (openNPL) that enables interactive work with the data
Nota Bene: The course requires actual historical loan performance data for its proper completion but those data are not provided. Students must source such data themselves from the Data Dynamics website and agree to be in compliance with the applicable terms and conditions.
Who Is This Course For:
The course is useful to:
How Does The Course Help:
Mastering the course content provides background knowledge towards the following activities:
- Improved ability to process large loan-level historical performance data
- Pre-process, categorize, segment and improve on such data sets in preparation for further analysis
What Will You Get From The Course:
- You will be able to confidently work with Loan-level historical performance data
- You will be able to contribute to the specific use cases mentioned above
Course Level and Difficulty Level:
This course is part of the Risk Modeling using Python family.
- This is a Core Level course in Risk Modelling. A good grounding at Introductory level to various Data Engineering and Datea Science topics is a prerequisite for making the most out of this course.
- This is a Technical course which means certain technology elements (Python, CLI) are needed for mastering the material.
If you have not taken an Open Risk Academy course before the "CrashCourse Academy Demo" provides a quick overview of the Academy.
The following table places the course in the Open Risk Academy skills diagram:
|Introductory Level||Core Level||Advanced Level|
The course material comprises the following:
- Five Readings (Steps)
- Associated Scripts (available in the repository)
Time Requirements and Important Dates
- The course is self-paced and can be undertaken at any point. It requires a commitment of about five hours total, depending on student familiarity and existing development environment.
Where To Get Help:
If you get stuck on any issue with the course or the Academy:
- If the issue is related to the course topics / material, check in the first instance the Course Forum
- If the issue is related the operation of the Open Risk Academy check first the Academy FAQ. If the issue persists contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org